Saturday, 22 July 2006

he is running a 100 miles an hour in the wrong direction.

last weekend, melissa and i got free tickets to casting crowns. we helped sell merchandise and got to see the concert for free. it was so glorious because i realized how long it had been since i worshipped with lots of people like i used to. i dont' so much need that but it was more because it was so familiar that i enjoyed it. i must admit, it was clouded by emotion. outside the walls of that big church loomed winter rains and cold weather, as well as the absence of some of the most important people in my life today.
needless to say, the drugs sucked the boys back in. a week straight went by without any word from some of them. i thought i might have a nervous breakdown. my gosh, how did my parents cope for 5 years of this with me? i cannot imagine the pain, cause these kids aren't even my flesh and blood.

times are a changing. melissa and katarina leave in 4 weeks. can you believe that?

i am excited about my future in south africa. my mind rotates around the following topics:

prayer, street children, drugs, broken families, decaf coffee (praise the lord for it!), capricorn (how can i live in this community?), afrikaans, a new flat, exercise, drink more water, burma.

i'm consumed by these things and trying to put them ALL under the first one : prayer. God is speaking LOUDLY to me, but it's loud here and sometimes i just hear a bunch of nonsense. So, it takes me finding the quiet so God's voice can be understood.

So, pray for these rotating topics if you don't mind. And enjoy the new photos!