Friday, 27 July 2007


my newest child. his name is cowen. he's the first kid in capricorn who seems to understand my afrikaans speaking!!!!!!!!



did i ever show you what avril did to me??? this is what happens when you get engaged in cape town, south africa. their version of a wedding shower is to embarass the heck out of you. this is a picture of me begging for money outside a local mcdonald's.



while on our trip to the eastern cape, we stopped in the CREEPY town and ended up eating at an even CREEPIER restaurant. it was this very afrikaans meets colonial meets antique store meets new-age-fountains-that-let-out-smoke meets i-can't-believe-places-like-this-still-exist place. believe me, we got out of there as fast as we could. it took me a long time to get back to normal. this is a picture of me doing my famous nervous laugh!!



ryan eating cheese with a little bit of chili!!!! be proud, family! we are eating well :)

1 comment:

Stacie said...

i love your posts like this! it seems like a conversation. since i live so close to the cherokee nation and take care of patients of such nationality, if you will, i did some research. check out this site/interview. http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC16/Reagan.htm
what you were emailed is sort of what they do. what they really do is a bit worse, to me, but there are some sub-tribes so i am sure some things are different. ok. love you. and ryan's cheese pic. :)