Saturday, 11 August 2007

a most splendid book.



it's cool how my last blog was about korean missionaries in afghanistan, and this blog is about a book i recently finished (i spent all saturday morning in bed finishing it!) situated in kabul, afghanistan.

i just want to encourage you to read this book. don't let it's heavy setting, historical content, and size intimidate you. i read S L O W, and i finished it in a few days!!! now I want to go to afghanistan...which makes me a bit of a possible hypocrite in some of your eyes seeing that my last blog was indecisive in my personal thoughts on the koreans entering such a turbulent place.

i still need to think through the why of my desire to go now. i think it's just one of those things good books do to me, they make me want to know more about the world i've just inhabited for a few days.

go go go and read :)

No comments: