Friday, 13 June 2008

being in america is fun. and this is why...

1. arley and elliott


2. wireless everywhere i go!

3. summer nights in tennessee.

4. black coffee that doesn't taste like tar.

5. smores over the campfire--that was last nite!!! i had 3 :)

6. tj maxx, my favorite shop.

7. people who know me and remind me of who i am.

i usually struggle being back in america because i feel so uninterested in anything here except my friends and sometimes my family. but this trip has had a strange twist to it that i cannot really explain. i've felt all sorts of emotions at all sorts of times. i've realized the importance of finding home, and satisfaction, in God alone. nothing else is ever going to satisfy. not other countries, not other people, not other activities. only God.

so i'm just trying to enjoy life here. remembering things i love about america has done me some good :)

2 comments:

The Monsarrats said...

you hit the nail on the head! nothing but God will ever totally satisfy our hungry, needy hearts! i was thinking about that when we got off the phone today! i miss you friend and so look forward to seeing you in person and sitting down to several long chats! call me when you can and i'll do the same! jenn

Emma said...

i'm glad you are enjoying your time at home... soak it all in and go back revived and ready to all that you do :). love ya!