Wednesday, 15 March 2006

it's been a month.

all i want to say, and all i think i am destined to hear, surfaces to the top of my mind through the words of this song. my mind is like a lake filled with fresh fish that will never be caught, for my strength is to tired to cast a line.

"return, return to the person that you were. and i will do the same, because it is too hard to belong to someone who is gone. my compass spins. the wilderness remains...
well, now, i tell myself i've mended, under these patches of blue sky. there are still a few holes that let in a little rain. so it is cying on my shingles. my floorboards moan under my feet. the refrigerator is whining, so i've got reason to complain.
you can save face but you won't ever save your soul. and that's a fact."
bright eyes, make war.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
You don't know me, but you left a comment on my husband's blog. Since then, I've been checking in on your blog from time to time. We've now been in Fish Hoek for 6 months and can relate to what you're going through. Can you send us an email at stevenandamy@gmail.com? We'd love to have you and your roommates over for dinner one night!
Amy Nicholson

Richard D. Jenkins said...

Our minds must be in the same pond! I want to tell you much about my Korea experience, but am too drained to put hands to the keyboard. I guess I am still absorbing...and perhaps I will be squeezed soon. I will email, as I muster up the energy to cast the line. May you be filled with the warmth of Christ...

Emma said...

good words, yo.
glad that i can hear some borrowed wisdom from my spirit-twin on another continent. going to your other loveland, burma, for the day tomorrow. glad for that renewed brokenness that always comes... i'll send random burmese your love :)

Unknown said...

i covet anyone who goes to burma for the day. sorry , Lord. but that's just not fair. why can't burma be in africa?

Simon said...

Shine reflectioninwater! I love Bright Eyes almost as much as I love hope, the hope that is inexorably coming for you.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! modafinil patient uk Beko dishwashers Facility insurance Basketball summer camp in maryland http://www.finally-free-hair-removal-does-it-work.info aquarium pro clear aqua system filters Latest computer hardware agawam junior high basketball Phentermine gt Computer network manager Free mozilla popup blocker National car rental in las vegas review Fitness erotic finding a doctor for propecia