Tuesday, 10 October 2006

bonnytoun is my friend.

last sunday, i joined the Purpose Driven Youth of lavender hill (a branch of the Fish Hoek Drug Crisis Center) for their first organized event in bonnytoun, a boy's "place of safety" in Cape Town. I have been to B-toun countless times at this point because some of the kids i know have been in and out of here.
the morning was really great and I got to see 2 kids who are currently there. i took poem and doofy and ryan with me to the service. the PDY performed skits about gangsters and there was singing and a small message about something i partially understood in afrikaans. what i do know is that the sheep analogy was in there at some point, and all my PDY friends looked at me because I had just spoken with them the previous week about us being called to gather the lost sheep (see ezekiel 34).

so, during the prayer time, about 50 young criminal boys came forward and stood in a group to receive prayer and support. it was a moving experience and i am excited to see god using that place to change lives. it was at bonnytoun that god really spoke to brianie and changed his heart. please pray for the boys of bonnytoun.



brianie with his warden when he was at BT.

wani and boy.

me and wani, a kid from capricorn (and one of my most favorite people in all of south africa. this kid is incredible and beautiful and deep.

No comments: