Tuesday, 10 October 2006

jou liggaam is de tempel van God.

Last wednesday Sherna and I arrived on the scene of our Living Hope land in Capricorn expecting a mega-turnout. We were right. Our program got chucked out the window as child after child arrived to join us. Our 100 sandwiches evaporated into the African sky. Our pipecleaner craft of 150 kids worth of supplies disappeared quickly. Our Bible lesson about your body being a temple of God

was magnificent, and I learned a little more Afrikaans!

As I looked around, I saw children i had known for 7 months, children i had seen around Capricorn or CD but never really talked with, and children I'd never laid eyes on before. It was a beautiful afternoon for me, as I saw God continue to continue my connections with that community and ALL the people residing in it. I have never felt this kind of connection and draw to any place in my life. Ok, maybe I feel that for Asia, but that's just a given. This is so much more sensical and obvious to me, that I have something to truly offer this community: my love and my understanding of addiction.
Check the flickr photos for more shots of the afternoon, but here a few more for you!!!




No comments: