Thursday, 20 October 2005

"Spirituality is extremely messy." --Aaron Bryant.

I'm taking lots of pictures these days.
Mental pictures.
I know this because I find myself focusing my sight, my mind, like a camera. I see something, it catches my eye, and I grab my mental camera.

I switch to manual focus.
I zoom in. I zoom out. I zoom in, just a little more.
My fingers form a half-moon around the focus lens and turn it up & down, left & right, waiting for that perfect position of the lens that allows the cleanest, clearest, crispest capturing of that moment.
So in those moments when I've got the shot--the perfect shot--in the focus of my mind, I'm not looking around. I'm not stopping my train of work, that inclining & peaking effort, in order to see who just walked through the door or by my table going to the bathroom.
I'm probably not even going to answer the phone or check the timer on the cookies--they can wait a few more moments. I'm not going to turn my head or my vision to the right or to the left. I'm not going to stop what I've started.

And so it is with God.
So it is with my mental pursuit of that moment.

But it's not about the moment. It's about the focus.
It's the focus that doesn't stop after the camera clicks. It's constantly hoping, looking, knowing the presence of a next image; thought; moment.

A series of moments.
A constant awareness. It's trust.
Trust that god is most definately always in a Kodak moment. It's us needing to keep the camera switched on and near our eye.

Focus is constant. It's hopeful. It's trusting. It's passionate. It's excited. It's zealous.
O God, focus me on you. You are always.
Always.

[IAMWHOIAM. IBE.]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you... i was feeling really vulnerable.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Area rugs palm elite swing gate opener debt free Acuvue a surevue logo license plate frames Web+server+colocation gate opener project motorola cdma phones

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »