Sunday, 15 January 2006

whiplash because:

I have been hit in the front, sides and back by the following 4 things today:

1--Desmond Tutu &

2--his autobiography

"During the dark days of the struggle, when the morale of our people was often low in the face of rampant evil, I used to say: "This is a moral universe--the upholdrs of apartheid have already lost." I also used to appeal to our white fellow South Africas: "We are being nice to you. Join the winning side." Those of us who struggled against apartheid have been vindicated in the most spectacular fashion. And the victory was for all of us, black and white together--the rainbow people of God. It was theology that enabled me to assert that this was a moral universe. That theology undergirded my work in the Truth & Reconciliation Commission (TRC)."

3--this city (the nook of Cape Town I will inhabit in one month)


4--Acts 3:19, "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,"

Today, unlike any day I've known before, God surely has inhabited not only my heart, but my arms and legs, my brain waves and synapses, my typing fingers and my crying eyes, my disposition and my breathing. God is inside of me so strongly today. It's nearly an audible voice I've been conversing with all day long, I kid you not. And it's not be redundant conversation, aimless wanderings of one friend to another. It's been direct and immediate direction, revelation, exposing of sin, and redemption.
At one point, I felt him in the music i was listening to. At another point, his warmth covered my tear-stained hand. Yet another point, he spoke a universe of truth and healing through an old Anglican priest.

God is real. I've never experienced anything like this.

10 comments:

Richard D. Jenkins said...

Be still and KNOW that I am God!

Anonymous said...

As my family and I were going through some of my uncle's old coins I found a South African coin! Yes, a South African coin from 1952 locked up in the safe of an old Indiana farmer! So how did my uncle come to own it? I have no idea, but I'm going to give it to you!

Emma said...

you wanna know what is weird, Ashley Lovell? As Asia is Asia... no other website is working right now except for yours. wild and wacky. maybe i need to reflect ;)

Anonymous said...

Ashley... thanks for stopping by my blog. I think I figured out how you found me, but anyway, drop me a line sometime. Sounds like you're working in Muizenberg at the LH centre there? We live just down the road and can help you get settled if you like - we know LH and their work and are always available for speaking to you in a Southern accent so you don't feel so far from home. :)

Mark Kelly Hall said...

Ashley,

I loaned Aaron Bryant a video before our Sept. trip that covers some of the history of South Africa, called "Guns, Germs, and Steel"--if you can talk him into locating it, I think you'd enjoy it.

Also, I taped the film "Yesterday" they showed on PBS a couple weeks ago--let me know if you'd like to borrow that, and I'll bring it Thursday.

SO cool that Pastor Thomas is coming to town!

Mark

Unknown said...

mark yes and yes. i want them both. i want to see anything i can before i go.

Anonymous said...

By the way, Mark is my suspect for how you found my blog... Hi Mark!

Unknown said...

steven, it is likely mark. he connects most things.

anyways, i love your blog. and i look forward to meeting you. i'll let you know when i know whre i'm going to live.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. United states montreal web site designer Case pda zire pros and cons of magnesium supplements blonde hair gaptooth

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. auto insurance quote free pop up blocker trial