Saturday, 04 February 2006

being childlike.

i wish every saturday morning could have started like this one. i had breakfast with a 9 year old and life felt right.
i'm really realizing how fortunate of a person i am. i have people all around me who are helping make my move to africa easier and more unified.
my last day of work was yesterday. that was a really great job and brought me so many new friends. it was just the place i needed to be. it's hard leaving it behind, but i know there are amazing days ahead.
but it's that time of preparing where everything shifts. i'm just trying to keep my feet steady. i see the high importance of god's word these days. i see the value of friendship and email. i see that when doors close, you don't try to force them open.

priorities are important to understand right now. because time doesn't rewind and in 8 days, i'll not be able to do certain things. i don't want to inhibit the grieving of others or myself by being afraid of the current pain. i don't want to judge others because that's the measure i'll be judged with in the end, and that's a scary thought.

i want to be poised and composed and i really am. i'm at peace with this decision. and i know that because i'm not trying to convince anyone of that. i'm just stating it because it's true, and then i'm letting my actions speak.

but being with children the past few days really helps. it simplifies things. coming at life with the innocence and hope and vitality of a child reminds me of better days. it's nice to be reminded today that it's ok to be childlike.

8 comments:

Emma said...

wow. you are almost in S.Af. eh? wow. I am getting ready to be childlike as well...spending time with the kiddies starting tomorrow :) yay. I haven't heard from ya in a while, but I think about you often! I know God is preparing you for your new journey... write me soon if you get the chance.

Anonymous said...

I have had you on my mind and heart all day. The Africa Renewal Ministries children's choir was at church today in their vibrant and beautiful African dresses, hats, and pants. I bought a beaded necklace, bracelet, and cloth doll. I thought of your statement "I only wear foreign jewlery now." I was going to get you something from Uganda to stick in your package (that I'm already planning) but then after some input from my friends we decided if you are in Africa, you don't need a package of stuff from AFrica. Oh well. Maybe you can send me something instead! ;) I will miss you, my beautiful one. I don't know where I will be this summer- IJM didn't pan out- so we'll see, S. Africa is still a posibility!

Emma said...

what, liz? you are only allowed to go to Asia.
Juuuuuuuuust Kidding.

Unknown said...

idea: my two asian girls come to africa for a staff retreat. what do you think? i'll provide the lodging and the jewelry.

Anonymous said...

very tempting... talk to God and see if He can work it out. If He arranges it, I'm there!

Emma said...

ya, i am definitely definitely down.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! kia sportage key lock buy buy domain levitra info levitra info linkdomai gangster gangbang

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »