Friday, 17 February 2006

look through my windows.

so, i found the cord for my camera, thankfully! i was about to be really sad that i couldn't show you pictures. i wish i had one of my driving! last night we were down at the church checking our email and my roommate melissa wanted to stay longer, so pat and i drove up the mountain to our home. our plan was to come back down and get melissa later. so, when she called and was ready to come home, i volunteered to go alone. i had not driven yet.
oh my gosh! first of all, our driveway is like a vertical wall, it's so steep. I handled it well but then once i got out on the streets, i kept forgetting that they drive on the left aand that all the blinkers and lights are on the right side of the steering wheel. but i remembered i was driving a stick shift, so that kept me out of total danger.
all in all, it was good. i drove again this morning and it was fine. it's a gorgeous day. the sun is shining and i woke up to the wind blowing into my bedroom through the open windows.

this is out the window of the homeless shelter office in muizenberg.


this is the area the shelter is in.


this is the hospice, across the street from masiphumelele, the black township we work in.


and this sign is just funny to me.

3 comments:

Heather said...

It truly is amazing, isn't it?
Prayers,
h

Richard D. Jenkins said...

that sign should be on my site!!!

Unknown said...

take it. it's all yours! how's korea?