Tuesday, 21 February 2006

driving around.

around the corner from my house.

melissa and i with the penguins.


our power has been out for 3 days now in spurts. everytime we get to a place to send email, the power shuts off again. sorry for the delays. as my friend lesiba in joburg said the other day, "it may look first world, but under the pretty mountains and ocean and sky, south africa is still a 3rd world country. after starting my work and meeting people and seeing how things operate, i won't argue with his observation. if you could see into my world right this moment, you'd find me and melissa parked outside the church in the dark, near a big jehovah's witness party next door, bumming the wireless signal that's been down all weekend. we're still strapped in, lights on, typing away. pretty hilarious!

i'm sunburned. i fell asleep outside for like an hour and i woke up frying. also, i went running today and i won't point i think i was running through the eye of a tornado. cape town is an incredibly windy city.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

way to run!! I am so excited for you and even though your world is third world...praise Him for the physical beauty!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the confusion of 3rd world vs. developed world. I am praying for you girl! Keep the stories coming.
Lynn
PS. I am talking up S. Africa as a vacation spot everyone should go to in the next year. I haven't even been there, but the more visitors the better, right? Even if they are people you don't know.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read 162 craps win Gmc savana wiring diagram Girllover lesbian