Saturday, 27 May 2006

"I'm relying on you, Gen. Than Shwe, to do the right thing,"

this is general than shwe.

According to world news, today is the day that Aung San Suu Kyi is supposed to be released from her 17+ years of house arrest after dropping by yangon to visit her sick mother, only to find she'd stay a few decades longer.
My friend Andy Ross sent me this link
. This woman is beautiful. It makes me want to move to Burma and wear lotus blossoms in my hair. Andy thinks this is the reason I'm dreaming about Burma. Robin says it's because Burma is such a part of me. Either way, this article only annoys me.
Bottom line: this woman will not be released. This article is filled with political jargon and nonsense that only leads the outside world to hopeless tolerance of injustice and oppression. I'm sick of it here, i'm sick of it there. Curse words come to mind. I'm just being honest.
Foreign Minister Syed Hamid Albar doesn't think the military junta should fear Suu Kyi's release, saying "The government is very strong and very stable," he told reporters. "They are able to maintain security. Why should they be worried? I don't think Aung San Suu Kyi should be a cause for worry to them."
Of course they are "strong and stable" (burmese define those words differently than webster's). They are violently corrupt and immoral. They rule with an iron fist, behind a "Made in Facist Burma" curtain separating them from the outside world.
Go here
for more info on the secret country and it's secret secrets.

this is aung san suu kyi. isn't she beautiful? damien rice & bono write songs about her. you need to remember this face.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

just read in the sunday times that they have extended her stay for another year. suprise suprise. it mentioned something about blocking off university avenue with barbed wire, as if that was a new thing.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
»

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Ice tea makers Norton disk recover

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Prescription+what+is+tramadol Hoe to play roulette Online gtc payment air force discount contact lenses