Tuesday, 20 September 2005

26 in DC

I spent all day Saturday in Washington. My friends took my for a belated birthday gift! It was so fun!!! I think it's maybe one of the coolest cities I've visited. At one point, we saw a game of kickball in front of the Washington Monument! I love kickball!!

Here are some pictures for you of my Happy 26 day for September!


Walking through National Mall towards the capitol building


Me at the capitol

Lincoln is there, even in the

darkWhat a picture! The Washington Monument from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, where MLK gave his "I have a dream"
speechAs we drove to DC, we kept saying "DC is where it's at". Naturally, 2 turntables and a microphone were in order. Check the elbows!

My birthday cake in a smores form!

My reflection in one of the walls of the Vietnam Memorial

Waiting for the Metro to arrive

I have really fun friends who do spontaneous things. You know who you are!
Thank you all for these memories. I know you must really love me, and I am forever thankful to God for such a gift. I'm going to miss you all so much. I'll pray for you constantly and I'll see you again someday!

"The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." Job 1:20
"But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these tihngs will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33
"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." Psalm 34:5

4 comments:

Kara said...

you are a beautiful person.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that pic of your elbows!!! i think that is so funny! I also really enjoyed the pic of you three in motion(the last one) its kind of a blur...it looks really cool. I love you bunches and smooches!xoxoxo(nicole always writes that-im not taking her thunder) ABBY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the AWESOME pic of the Lincoln memorial...He was such a wonderful President and a very admirable person.

Kenny said...

That last pic, "metro", is really cool...