Wednesday, 07 September 2005

I'm Smiling Because......


acts 9.29 "He (paul) talked and debated with the Grecian Jews, but they tried to kill him."
This sentence makes me smile.



Jim Elliot makes me smile.



Chris and Miller, 2 friends who've stepped out in faith, make me smile.



Martin Luther King Jr and his writings make me smile. So does his voice.



Baldie Gandhi makes me smile.



This woman of faith and her small boy have impacted my life in indescribable ways. I smile when I think of them.



The smile on my face right now is HUGE. Mike's walked through a dry place requiring faith--and assurance of something hoped for but unseen. Mike tends to make me smile.


The list of people who make me smile would take 80 blog sites.

But because of the example of these two people, I know what it means to be joyful in your suffering and to love your enemies. If there was one thing I never lacked in my life, it was their faces, dressed in a smile.



Go make someone smile. You never know, you might end up on their blog page!
(ps--arls, victory, amy jacobs and becca the conqueror...you kept coming to mind as I did this. Beauty is defined by your faces when you smile.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good one, ASH. I thinkthis on is my favorite blog. It makes me feel good just reading it...................love you
Abbs

Kenny said...

Remembering good times makes me smile. Those last two folks make me smile too!

Unknown said...

stace,
your creativity makes me smile!
love you girl, ashley

Unknown said...

oh becca,

i love you for all your vileness :) at least you say what you mean.

i love that you've changed your name. i should be hanging out with Adam, naming animals and bugs. I'd have been good at it!

love you guys!

Anonymous said...

You sound happy and that makes me smile... and miss you. So I'm smiling and wanting to cry at the same time. Odd. We'll meet again in VA- or Burma. I'm sure it will happen.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello and I really like that picture of Cizz-arol and Biz-ill......ABBY

Anonymous said...

I found your blog page...that makes me smile. Paraying for you and your big adventure.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Barry bonds 2b steroids foam mattresses consumer reports benefits of taking ritalin 1993+toyota+camry+floor+mats Wymiana resoru fiat 126p Credit reports equifax http://www.cellular-phones-6.info/bmw_3_phasen_water_proof_jacket_size.html Microsoft game plus Luftmassenmesser fur peugeot 206 fort worth wavefront lasik fiat currency stability digital plotters and blueprint Baccarat crystal parrot Models at pbase

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.