Thursday, 22 September 2005

Today is BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY day.

So i took the scenic route today. I had the absolutely brilliant idea of driving all the way from waynesboro virginia to asheville north carolina via the blue ridge parkway. I'm a loyal visitor of the Natchez Trace, so I figured I should pay my respects to the fellow national parks.
It was so gorgeous. For 10 hours I drove alone down this thing. It took me 3 hours to go 100 miles!!! But 400 miles later, I found myself refreshed and at peace. I laughed. I cried. I screamed at Satan. I screamed to God. I sat in silence. I listened to loud scottish music. I drank infinite cups of bad gas station coffee. I stopped no less that 20 times to go to the potty, and another 20 times for pictures. No wonder it took me 10 hours!
At one point a cricket just hopped into my car through my sun roof. I should have taken his picture.
I found out that colonial reinactments freak me out. Like Williamsburg. It's a cool idea, but I think I'm in a wierd place when it comes to old timey stuff. It makes me feel very lonely.
Speaking of lonely, I was dining at Cracker Barrel, tracing my way down my BRP map. In walks an old couple. You know me with single old men, my heart just breaks. Well today I found something that breaks my heart even more. And that is a old couple who sit and don't even talk to one another. This couple sat down and the wife started saying something to her husband. He totally snapped at her in his broken Virginiain hick english. I looked over in astonishment and caught her embarassed expression coming my way. It was the "my husband sure does suck" look. And he's just sitting there trying to beat himself in the peg game. She should have called him an Eggnoramous. I couldn't take it. I literally wrapped my sausages in my napkin, stuffed it in my purse, and left. After a month of lots of solitude, plus a 10 hour drive down a road where I passed MAYBE 20 cars the whole day, the last thing I wanted to see was this miserable old couple living together in isolation. I'd rather be alone the rest of my life than live with someone who I don't even talk to. Yuck.

Here are some pictures for you of my day!!! Enjoy them. Roll your windows down while the weather is nice!!!

today's sun setting in north carolina. i felt like i was in lord of the rings.


paths cross.


is this wierd to anyone else? it totally caught my attention as i drove by. it looks like this man is falling backward off the rainbow. what a rough way to go! you better believe i took that curve carefully.
and is anyone else wondering why he took his bike? this man was not very smart. too much peg game at cracker barrel.


this was an accident picture but it's kinda cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING all your pics. You capture the funiiest things! I know what you mean about disliking the old couple's relations with each other...well it wasn;t so long ago I left my "silent" partner and moved on. Ashley- I literally thought the same thought that you had. "Will i sit in silence with this person for the rest of my life?" The answer was yes- I would have to.... My reaction was NO- I won't. Amazing how much you realize in one day. I loved that. Thank you for reminding me of that. I love you. Abbs

Anonymous said...

Ash...are you back in Nashville? Or are you still in N.C.? Are you lost in the Black Mountains? Just wanted to let you know I am still praying for you. I am looking forward to catching up with you. In your own time friend. No hurry...coffee on me.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info saunas portable Saunas extrieur Evista trac isa venta de fibra de vidrio para saunas saunas a lyon ronnie thompson ford ellijay ga play free keno games online Fat loss night time supplement renault 1994 motorhome Brigite swimwear company Balmoral caravan awnings Ford egr bypass Body jewelry for discount prices Infrared sauna myths Used hp plotter jdm subaru sti tail lights Atlanta home mortgage service Fir sauna finlandia sauna infra red saunas English mastiff penis oak furniture georgia

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info dysney latino com lorazepam ultram buy zyban Life styles fitness Video surveillance webcam security