Sunday, 20 November 2005

God's sunday comic strip

i love God. he's been doing some really funny stuff lately. my super hilarious and longtime friend abby goff told the world about how God put her Bible in her purse.
and today my mom told me her "funny story" as she called it.

first of all, let me say that God meets us where we are and with the resources we have. i've learned this time and again through missions and through my life in suburbia america. god speaks through our stuff if we are looking for his voice.
a few (less than i wish i could say) years ago, my mom bought me an elmo doll, the one that giggles and talks about being tickled. if you recall what he says at the end of his little rant, you'll find this funny.
so my mom is feeling bad today. she hasfibromyalgia, and it sucks. she hurts all the time.
so today she was sitting in the den, ready for church but not feeling like she could get out of the chair. she was reading Isaiah, and just asked God to give her the ability to get up and go to church.
all of a sudden, from another room in the house, elmo/god speaks: "I FEEL GREAT!!!!!"

my mom was at church.
i love that story :)

3 comments:

Emma said...

you know, i was just thinking that... though my experiences weren't quite as funny... but yeah... my non-christian professor has said a lot of things that speak directly to my heart lately.
hope you are well, my friend.

Unknown said...

sounds methodist to me :)

Richard D. Jenkins said...

Great Story!!I am so thankful that you did not have one of those "Farting" santa dolls from a few years back. Now that would have made your Mom's trip to church interesting...huh!