Wednesday, 16 November 2005

My heart is breaking.


My dad came home this morning. He's tan and smiling from ear to ear. He had a beaded bracelet on his arm. I told him he looked like a hippy.
He also had letters from my boys. Here's a picture of two of them. They are so small, in size and in the world. They are like two drops in the ocean, like each one of us. And yet, I think I know how Christ felt when he willingly died for us. I think I know how obedience unto death was his only option. It was either that, the result of which was a forever time with those he loves (long term results outweighed the short term pain) OR be with them now in sinful, selfish, lonely world time, and never see them again, for eternal life wouldn't be an option.
So, I see how Christ did it. Cause when I look at this picture, I feel that I'd probably go to the same extreme if I knew it'd get them to God.
I'd give anything I have for that.

4 comments:

Richard D. Jenkins said...

Paul said he would give up his salvation for the Jews to have the same fullness...I often cannot even share the last piece of pie!! So far to go.

Anonymous said...

I love how Christ allows us to feel just a small bit of what he feels for the lost. Be encouraged that God is chasing after our boys with his love. He will bring them into the fold.

Unknown said...

yes, the 3rd. i'll go change that.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »