Wednesday, 10 August 2005

Changes

Things change. Life is funny like that. It's not been a few moments from when you step out in boldness and make a claim about something that it gets challenged. I sometimes wish I'd keep my mouth shut, or at least be able to rewind time and not be so extreme. For all of you who my words have hurt, I'm truly sorry. I desire so much to be a person of poise and composure and above all TRUST but it's hard and life changes...

My favorite all time quote rings in my mind and is actually comforting my hurting heart right now; it gives me hope:
"New growths insensibly bud upward to fill each vacated place. Unforseen accidents hinder intentions, and old plans are forgotten." --Thomas Hardy

Old plans are forgotten quite often. This is the case because it's hard to depend on the human race. We're pretty rotten by nature, but lots of us strive to be better than that. We all fall, and Christ's law of doing to someone else exactly as you would want them to do to you is contrary to our innate rottenness.
So I hope that today I can do unto this world as I'd have it do unto me, and that I would consider the unexpected, because change is sure to come.

Love to you,
AL