Sunday, 07 August 2005

I don't know what to do with this...

I'm on this human rights website daily. It's so well-organized and filled with information. At first I thought it was a little biased b/c every other link seemed to be dogging Turkey or the Turkish people or the history of Turkey. People change...I know this for a fact...so why are they singling out Turkey all the time?
I don't claim to know enough or be the jury on this issue, but I've read through quite a few of the genocide bios on this site, and it seems to be the case that Turkey is mentioned in a negative way, and not inaccurately. The first genocide of the 20th century was led by the Ottoman Empire (eventually Turks) and Hitler later said of his own attempts to eradicate the Polish race: "Who still talks nowadays about the Armenians?" In a sentence, he's saying that the world either immediately turns its head from injustice and mass murder, or experiences a strangely recurring case of memory loss.

"The Republic of Turkey has directly funded the distortion of its own history by funding the efforts needed to create Turkish studies departments in some of the most prestigious American University campuses (such as University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, University of Michigan, Princeton, Harvard, Georgetown, and the University of Chicago). The Republic of Turkey has directly funded lobbyists (sums over $1,000,000 per lobbyist) to enter the halls of the United States congress to lobby against Armenian Genocide recognition. And now business and economy is being used to fund these lobbyists, to create Armenian Genocide denial organizations, and to sway the public's opinion about the record of human rights violations that the Turkish government has constructed through the centuries." (United Human Rights Council website)

What's coming over me? I just cannot understand all this. I don't guess I should be able to. Injustice isn't reasonable. It's a good thing that my mind cannot compartmentalize these pieces of history into the "Too Bad" box. It's too much for me to hold in my head, so I share it with you. I'm not trying to depress you. I just see themes developing here...which means that there are countries this very moment experiencing such injustice, and there are countries in the future who will be stilled and wiped out by the "bloody hand of the executioner man" (indigo girls).
I'm sorry...I just don't know what to do with this.
Love you guys,
Ash
--click the dots by the title of this blog to see a modernday map of Turkey.

3 comments:

Sweet Sleep said...

Because I don't have anything smart to say about Turkey I am going to tell you what I found when I clicked on "next blog" on the top of this page.

Well, actually I think I'll just let you look for yourself. I was forwarding through a few sketchy looking blogger spots and before I knew it- this one was there.

I think she could be a distant Asian cousin of yours. I like her site...well, except for that slightly disturbing Sleeping Beauty thing that is going on...you'll see....eeks!

Enjoy my friend,
MHJ
http://pummkin.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Used coin operated washers Network appliances sw-ontap-fas270-ga free sex letters free sex stories http://www.antivirus9.info/Masonic-singet-ring.html erotic wife stories Shemales in panties Teens with sexy boobs internet software beastility sex story 2005 lamborghini gallardo Rosacea niacin Farmers insurance group.com spam filter download windows 2000 girl's cum erotic adult story archive free

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »