Saturday, 06 August 2005

Sunny Days


This is me and my dog, Luke. On most cloudy days of the heart, he's my sunshine. He's so much fun. Two of my friends got him for me when I turned 17 and was having a really hard time in high school. We drove out to the Lebanon Animal Shelter and played with each puppy in his litter, Luke being last. He was only a few weeks old and he was the odd one. All the other dogs let you love on them and hold them in your lap. But as soon as Luke hit the ground, he ran straight into a tree and then, turning around and giving us three girls a curious look, squatted and went to the bathroom in the middle of our circle. We all looked at one another, smiled, and said "He's the one." I've been laughing ever since!
His personality is amazing. I think what I loved most about Luke that first day was his lack of concern with us. Sure, he enjoyed having us there watching him, but he wasn't embarassed to be who he was and do what he wanted to do. He was, in some ways, really confident. And at a time when I was the polar opposite of everything the word confident means, I knew he's bring something to my life that I needed. Sometimes when i look at him, just watching him do what he does as a dog, I start crying b/c I love him so much. It's strange, but he represents so much to me.
So I devoted Friday morning to Luke. It was Luke and Ashley day and we (I) decided to lay out. My towel hadn't been on the deck floor 2 minutes before he was walking all over it, sniffing my glass of water, and settling into a comfy place right next to me. pretty soon, he had taken over the towel b/c he kept scooting closer and closer to me. We didn't lay out long :)
But we took this fun picture to commemorate the event. Isn't he cute? He's insane, fun, loving, self-absorbed, and loud. But he has never failed to make me smile. There's something irreplacable about a pet like that.

I've had a random few days. Last night my "friends" kevin, blake, and jennifer thought it'd be fun to hook up kevin's ems machine he used during his glory days of football to my right bicep. Basically it sent little pulses through my muscle and made it flex uncontrollably. After being unhooked from this torture device, I got to drive the biggest car of my life. It's Kevin's SuperJeep (called a cjsomething) and it's a big ole' car. I felt like i was on a safari in Africa, trying to figure out the clutch and the wobbly wheel. Once I got it, we came to the unnamed coffee shop and went to see the worst movie ever. This morning I was awaken by an Asian man from Ft. Wayne, Indiana calling me! Life is random these days.
My dad just walked into the unnamed coffee shop, so I should go talk to him. Maybe i'll write more later. I feel wordy today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me want a dog. I've really wanted a Jack Russell for a long time now and a lady came through the drive through with one today and it made me so happy.

Unknown said...

Nick,
get a dog. don't question it. just do it.
ashley

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Dogging transvestite Jenna jameson fhm pics bel radar detector si Girls peeing clip

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it cutter plotters Levitra 10mg side effects Free sex cartoon vid http://www.trendy-maternity-clothes.info Science medical writer jobs Polytechnic high school long beach ca Hair loss propecia rogaine Ecommerce web design freelance American eskimo losing hair Refinancing rates in us Diamond chevrolet charlotte Police chief job openings add effexor Addidas swimsuit at seattle Latin american art Free phone numbers search