Monday, 22 August 2005

A Little Asian Birthday Love

This is my asian father. He deemed himself such once we started getting to know each other. I was sick quite often and he took care of me. He'd always feed me and get me medicine and call me late at night to tell me I should be asleep already. He LOVED telling me what to do, just like a good father would :)
Anyways, this is his birthday wish to me. It's adorable. And the picture is just a silly expression of one of our many times together. He had just given me a clay ornament (see my ear). He'd always bring me little gifts like that.
Happy birthday to me!!!

Hi Dearest Daughter!              22, August 2005
May you be Healthy
             ;        Active
             ;        Pleased
                     ;Perfect
             ;        Year after year with God's LOVE on BIRTHDAY.
With Love Much
Father    

Here's my precious miracle friend, my soulmate in a nonromantic way. I've never been understood by a human being as completely in my life as I am by this man.


And here's why they love me...because we sit around taking goofy pictures, pretending we are either famous or five-year-olds.


They all remembered my birthday and sent me love! How great is that, what a motivator to keep on moving forward.

I've already heard from so many of you...so many of you who are overseas. Thanks, Moldova friends and family. I love you all so much.
More to come!
AL

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh happy day... i just finished writing in your card and i think i broke my toe. but "it's a great day to be alive..." love, stace

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Maybe God is trying to tell you something.

You know what I mean.

Unknown said...

yeah, i know what you mean. you're cute. real cute :)

Anonymous said...

Happy bday Sashley. I love the new pics. How cute! I want to be 5 again. I tried to call ya- and check you email! LOVE YOU LOTS
Have a great DAY-------make the most of it! your birthday only comes around once a year-9an excuse to be selifsh!:)
-----aBBY

Anonymous said...

Ashley is cool
She rules the school
Dont mess wit her,
cause she dont wear fur,
she be liking them Monks and shi
and shes down wit the Lord
dont mess wit it
She likes tu read books and coffee drink
starbucks and Lewis... mmm yea dats it
If ya lookin for a soul shes the way to go
she take up to the heavens to God fo' sho'
But not before she kissed Chris thilie goodnight
and said her prayers in the pale moonlight
yyyyyyyyyyyeah baby
thats some staright up Memphis rap for my homegirl Ashley on her birtday!
I love you (please forgive my rap) it sounds much better with sound effects and me rapping haha
ABBS!

Anonymous said...

ash,
the gathering was wonderful that your parents gave last night. i am so proud of you and what you have done and are choosing to do. God is not finished with you and your work in MY, and i am happy to see you follow through. may you be moved in virginia, and move others.

love,
stacie

Anonymous said...

ALo~
I am so ecstatic that we were all able to be there for your 26th birthday! Can you believe we are entering our 26th year? Twenty-five was ok but to say "Yes, I am 26," just seems, I dunno, odd. Not that I am disheartened with the number it just sounds weird. I feel like it would be correct if I said, "Yes, I am twelve or seventeen." I was very fond of those ages. Anyway, you are in the car on your way to the dead chicken state and I cannot call you because I witnessed the demise of your cell phone at a certain Elbow last night. God rest its little soul. I will forever hold the number 7 close to my heart. Ok, I am once again turning a comment into an email. I will go. Peace be with you on your journey. BTW- I am halfway through Anne Lamott's Plan B. I love that woman's writing. She is amazingly hilarious and so honestly human. You don't get a facade from her, you get the real thing and I love that in a person. Just plain ole human, mistakes, smudges and all! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAY 2 OF THE 365 DAYS OF YOUR 26TH YEAR.

supersimbo said...

moldova? my girlfirends bro is in moldova right now, went yesterday, his 2nd trip in a month

Kara said...

ud. es mi favorita

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »